Get Back Documents from a Crashed Hard Drive
“I humbly request your attention towards my problem. Since Last week, I have
been encountering several problems associated with my computer like occasional
system freezing, abrupt system shutdown, etc. From yesterday, I couldn’t even
start my computer as it ended up with some blue screen. One of my friends told
me that it is the symptoms of hard drive crash. I am not worrying about GB’s of
media files which are stored on that hard drive. What I am concerned is about
my precious office documents stored there. Can anybody tell me how to recover
documents from a crashed hard drive?”
A hard drive can crashed due to several reasons, this blue screen is just an instance of one of its symptoms. Here, operating system cannot able to boot from hard drive due to various errors. Blue screen (aka Blue Screen of Death) is an indication of this condition from a Windows operating system. Go through the following list to know some of the reasons behind a hard drive crash.
- Corrupt OS Files: This is one of the common reasons behind a hard drive failure. If your important system files like Msos.sys or boot.ini got corrupt or lost from your computer, this can result in the failure of a hard drive.
- Forced System Shutdown: If you do not use system shutdown option properly, it will affect your hard drive also. Forced shutdown of system is always a valid reason for hard drive damage.
- Bad Sectors: Sectors of a hard drive may become damaged or bad, due to hardware as well as software errors. If the number of such bad sectors reaches in an enormous level, hard drives are supposed to crash.
- Improper OS installation: During installation of an operating system, interruptions can happen. Sometimes, these interruptions may result in defective installation of OS. This faulty OS is a sufficient reason for the hard drive damage.
- Other Reasons: Changing the attributes of system files, altering System Registry values, etc. are some other reasons that result in hard drive crash.
Have your hard drive got crashed because of any of these errors? Still looking for a good way for crashed hard drive document recovery? Just make use of, Document Recovery tool for restoring any kind of data that has lost due to this hard drive failure. You can make use of this tool on both Windows and Mac operating systems which has at least 1GB of RAM and 50 MB free disk space. If you have understood the features of this tool well, you will never ask the question how to recover documents from a crashed hard drive any more. Using this tool, you can recover documents from external hard drive brands such as Seagate, Toshiba, WD, and Transcend etc. just like internal hard drive document recovery.
Notable Features of Document Recovery Tool
- Using this tool, you can retrieve files of more than 300 formats based on their unique signatures. If the file format is unfamiliar to this tool, it allows adding new signatures.
- You can restore data from both repartitioned and reformatted drives with the help of this tool. Data can recover even from hard drives having bad sectors.
- Document recovery from a crashed hard drive can be accomplished within a small number of steps by employing this tool. It offers simple and self-explanatory steps for recovery.
- Lost data from various RAID partitions such as RAID0, RAID1, etc. can be recovered with the help of this tool. Its powerful recovery engine allows the effective recovery of data from such partitions.
- You can recover documents from a crashed hard drive which is coming under different types including Word documents, PDF files, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and many more with the help of this tool.
- Anyone can recover documents from hard drive types like SATA, SCSI, IDE, etc using this tool. It can handle data retrieval from partitions formatted with various file systems like NTFS, FAT32, HFS, etc.
- “Save Recovery Session” feature of this tool allows you to perform the recovery process at a later time.
- You can preview recovered data using “Preview Screen” before saving those files into a desired location.
Steps to Recover Documents from a Crashed Hard Drive
Step 1: Download and install free version of this tool on
your computer and connect your crashed hard drive. Launch the software. From
its home screen, select “Recover Drives” option as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: From 2nd screen, you have to select
“Partition Recovery” for recovering documents from crashed drives. In
the 3rd screen, you can see a list of drives/partitions. Select your hard drive
which got crashed and click on the "forward arrow" as
illustrated in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Crashed Hard Drive
Step 3: After a deep scanning, you can see a list of
recovered data in two different views namely “Data View” and
“File Type View”. Select the documents which you wanted to
recover and you can restore them by purchasing the full version of this tool
Figure 3: Preview Recovered Documents