“Hi, I had kept several PDF files on the desktop of my
Windows computer. Today, when I started my PC to see those files, I became
so frustrated since I couldn’t find those files there. I am damn sure, I
didn’t move those files from desktop. Since those files are very important
to me, please somebody tell me how to recover PDF documents
which have lost due to unknown errors.”
All the file loss situations that are valid for various file types are also applicable to PDF files. It can be simple file deletion, unanticipated file loss, storage device issues, etc. You have to use a PDF document recovery tool if you are a victim of PDF file loss. But before checking about such a tool, it is good to examine some of the reasons behind loss or deletion of PDF files from computer hard drives or from other storage devices.
- Data Transfer Errors: Imagine that you are moving some PDF files across two storage drives or between different partitions of your hard drive. If the data transfer got interrupt due to any errors, it can lead to loss of those files which are being transferred.
- Emptying Recycle Bin or Trash: You know that it can be easily restore files if the deleted files reach at Trash or Recycle Bin. But what happen if you accidentally click empty Trash or Recycle Bin option without thinking about the vital PDF files residing there?
- Other Reasons: Other reasons which are accountable for PDF file loss include accidental file deletion using Shift + Delete or Command + Delete, bad sectors on the drive, file system corruption, etc.
Don’t worry even the PDF files which have deleted or lost are much important to you. It is because, there is a utility called Document Recovery tool which is capable of restoring PDF documents that got lost or deleted due to numerous reasons. This tool’s sophisticated recovery engine analyses and retrieve PDF files by even preserving names of those files. It doesn’t matter whether your hard disk got crashed or not
while talking about this PDF recovery. You can recover documents from even such kind of drives without any complex steps using Document Recovery tool. Check this page to get detailed info on document recovery from crashed hard drive.
Notable Features of Document Recovery Tool
- This tool has a “Find” option that allows you to search for a particular PDF file on the basis of various file attributes such as file name, file modified date, file creation date, file size, and many more.
- Have your vital PowerPoint files got missing from your system? Don’t worry, now you can perform PowerPoint document recovery using this tool without missing a single slide.
- You can “Save Recovery Session” at any point during scanning. Later you can resume the recovery process by loading this session and can avoid drive re-scanning.
- This utility supports PDF document recovery from a number of storage devices including flash memory cards like SD, USB flash drives, FireWire drives, internal as well as external hard disks, SSDs etc.
- Document Recovery tool is well-suitable for various operating systems of Windows NT series and Mac OS X series. Using this tool, you can get back PDF files starting from a Windows XP PC or from a Mac OS X 10.5 machine.
- If your PDF files are just ‘deleted” and its location is known, you can easily choose “Recover Deleted Files” option from this tool.
Note: Want to recover accidentally deleted XML files? Just don’t mind it, because this Document Recovery tool is so powerful to get back XML files which got deleted under numerous situations. Navigate through the following page to know more about it: http://www.document-recovery.net/recover-deleted-xml-files.html
How to Recover PDF Files Using this Tool?
Step 1: Download and Install the demo version of the software and Launch the tool.
From the home screen select “Recover Files”
option to recover deleted or lost PDF documents.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: Next window will now appear with options “Recover Deleted Files"
and "Recover Lost Files”.
Choose any option from here as per the requirement and proceed.
Figure 2: Select Recovery Method
Step 3: Select the drive from which
PDF documents has to be recovered and then click on “Forward Arrow”.
Now, software will start scanning the drive.
Figure 3: Select Drive
Step 4: Once the scanning process is completed, it will list
out recovered files which you can preview in “Data View” and “File Type View”.